Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner’s Agribusiness Practice understands the drivers of the agribusiness markets so that we can better serve and anticipate our clients' needs. We assist many agricultural and agribusiness companies, as well as significant lenders and investors in agribusiness, in their day-to-day business matters, financing and acquisitions for growth and litigation/risk mitigation.
We provide science and manufacturing-based companies with advice and resources for trade and international sanctions compliance, domestic and international commercial alliances, strategic planning, product development, intellectual property strategy and management, asset acquisition and mergers, identification of complimentary technologies and insurance and risk management.
In the finance and transactions areas, we bring in lawyers from our top 10 M& A practice with specific, industry-related venture capital and merger and acquisition experience.
Some examples of matters handled recently for established agribusinesses include:
- Domestic and international mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory issues, including environmental and antitrust
- Commercial, venture and private equity finance and restructuring
- Long-term purchase, supply and distribution agreements
- Licensing (in and out)
- Funded research and product development agreements
- Formation issues for start-ups and establishment of U.S. operations for foreign entities
- Represented strategic buyer in acquisition of assets of developer of sustainable agricultural solutions
- Represented strategic buyer in acquisition of oilseed rape and rye seed business assets
- Represented seller of multi-location retail agronomy assets to a national leader in wholesale and retail crop production services and supplies
- Numerous transactions in the animal protein and animal feed sectors
- Representation of leading private equity sponsor in acquisitions in the grain handling and grain supply sector
- Represented private equity backed acquirer of a number of retail agronomy locations from several privately held sellers
- Represented international grain supply and trading companies in compliance and trade matters