Phillip Clark, a partner in the Denver office, practices with the Energy and Natural Resources Client Service Group. He represents a wide range of energy companies in a variety of issues involving the U.S. energy business, including:
- Acquisitions, sales and private equity investments in oil and natural gas properties, gathering systems, processing plants and pipelines throughout the U.S.
- Mergers and combinations involving both privately held and publicly traded companies, including all aspects of data rooms, due diligence, merger agreement negotiations, seismic license issues and financing.
- Exploration agreements, joint ventures, joint operating agreements, gathering agreements, forward sales of production, volumetric production payments and other sales arrangements, surface use agreements and other surface arrangements with surface owners.
- Federal royalty compliance, the appeal and settlement of additional royalty assessments by federal royalty management agencies, and compliance with tribal, public lands, federal unit and oil and gas conservation commission regulations.
- Entity formation and governance issues for entities owning or investing in upstream and midstream oil and gas assets.
- Financing transactions secured by oil and gas properties for both lenders and borrowers, including properties located on Indian lands.
- Representing landowners in the negotiation of oil and gas leases.