Ken Achenbach solves problems.
Ken’s deep experience in the regulated financial services industries as well as his experience with the tools of risk mitigation make Ken uniquely positioned to assist his clients in overcoming obstacles and meeting their business objectives - particularly, to:
- Identify, evaluate and manage regulatory risks through periods of regulatory change and uncertainty;
- Counsel and advocate for clients facing scrutiny from financial services regulatory authorities;
- Develop implementation strategies for novel financial products and services to allow his clients to address regulatory requirements while meeting business goals;
- Evaluate and implement fintech, regtech and other technological solutions to practical challenges in the financial services space;
- Counsel and advise clients with respect to director and officer indemnification, advancement, and insurance matters in anticipation of or in response to liability claims;
- Diligence business practices for regulatory risks in connection with the purchase of or investment in financial services companies; and to
- Negotiate and structure complex corporate indemnity provisions for both buyers and sellers, including the use of transactional insurance products such as representations and warranties insurance.
Ken’s practice routinely involves colleagues across a variety of traditional industry verticals and Ken’s background and depth of experience allows him to understand and to be responsive to the needs of his clients, regardless of whether they are a commercial bank, non-bank financial service provider, financial technology company, or non-financial company exploring opportunities in the financial services space. Ken has spoken to a wide range of groups and trade associations on diverse topics affecting the financial services industries.