- Serving as lead real estate and secondary deal counsel in connection with the acquisition of a 3200 acre former steel mill and port facility.
- Negotiation of joint venture agreements and demolition and salvage contracts in connection with a client’s acquisition of a former automobile manufacturing facility.
- Serving as lead real estate counsel in connection with a client’s acquisition of recently de-commissioned power plant property in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Representation of a publicly-registered, non-traded REIT in connection with its acquisition and disposition of over $200 million of triple-net leased single tenant office and industrial properties.
- Counsel to private equity client in connection with their acquisition of several industrial and hotel portfolios.
- Counsel to purchaser of multiple apartment buildings throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
- Representation of foreign fresh food manufacturer in connection with leasing facilities in the United States.
- Representation of the purchaser in a $21 million acquisition of a historic theatre in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- General representation of a developer in Chicago, Illinois in connection with its development of residential condominium and mixed-use developments.
- Representation of private capital fund in connection with the real estate aspects of its numerous acquisition, divestiture and financing transactions.
- Negotiating long term service agreements and other contracts for district energy company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of national operator of fitness facilities in connection with the acquisition and leasing of build-to-suit facilities throughout the United States.
- Representation of large multinational corporation in obtaining and retaining corporate incentives in connection with the relocation of its headquarters facility to the City of Chicago.
- Representation of local chapter of international not-for-profit in connection with obtaining incentives for renovation of its regional headquarters facility.
- Serving as incentives counsel to a Fortune 500 Company involving national headquarters relocation, regional headquarters relocations and placement of its call centers and research and development facilities.
- Serving as trustee’s counsel in connection with the workout of several special service area bond financings.
- Developer’s counsel with respect to the workout and refunding of a 600+ lot subdivision in north suburban Chicago.
- Representation of international hunting, fishing and outdoor retailer with its acquisition of tax increment finance incentives in connection with the development of a 185,000 square foot retail facility.
- Serving as local counsel to a major international bank in connection with its $135 million acquisition of a district energy company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Serving as bond counsel and special counsel to a suburban community the Chicago metropolitan area in connection with special service area financings to fund public improvements associated with the development of over 1,000 homes and related infrastructure improvements.
- Serving as tax increment financing and project counsel to municipality in upstate Illinois in connection with their redevelopment of a closed steel facility and other related industrial properties.
- Representation of US Territory in connection with its first ever tax increment finance-assisted development.
- Serving as TIF and bond counsel to a northwestern Illinois community in connection with the creation of a TIF district and issuance of TIF bonds related to the construction of a gas extraction/refractionation plant located at the terminus of a natural gas liquids pipeline.