The use of on-line travel agents (OTAs) and rate parity policies are increasingly important for the hospitality industry. While OTAs can boost hotels’ booking rates, rate parity policies can limit price competition between different distribution channels.
Despite frequent media coverage, rate parity policies remain a complicated legal issue. In this webinar on Jan. 16, 2019, Robert Bell, London, Andrew MacGeoch, Hong Kong, Scott Antel, Dubai, and Sarah Ward, London, will:
- Outline the key issues in competition law analysis of OTA agreements and rate parity policies
- Explain how competition law has been applied in this sector – often inconsistently – in Europe
- Highlight countries which have introduced new laws to ban rate parity
- Summarize what this means in practice for hotels’ OTA agreements, including options for mitigating rate parity risks
- Discuss strategies for mitigating the effects of rate parity on hotels, including (where appropriate) proactive use of competition law
Register for this webinar.