Bryan Cave attorneys understand and recognize the importance of wetlands issues. We routinely represent developers, manufacturing facilities, and other entities who are seeking permit approval from the Army Corps of Engineers. We are well-versed in handling Section 404 enforcement actions, representing clients in federal court under the Clean Water Act (“CWA”) and in state courts under comparable state programs. The attorneys of Bryan Cave are committed to helping our clients anticipate and respond to the wetlands regulations at all levels – including legislative, regulatory and judicial work – as well as counseling clients across the nation.
Specifically, Bryan Cave attorneys have experience with:
- Assisting developers, manufacturing facilities, mining companies, homebuilders, homeowners, and other entities to secure the necessary wetlands permits across the country.
- Representing clients facing enforcement of the Clean Water Act and other wetlands statutes.
- Representing clients on wetlands matters, seeking, when necessary, temporary restraining orders (TROs) and other measures to ensure wetlands protection.
- Preparing comments regarding the regulations of the Army Corps of Engineers, the nationwide permitting process, and federal and regional wetlands guidance.
- Helping clients participate in legislative and regulatory processes that will shape future wetlands regulation.
- Discussing proactive solutions with governmental agencies, regulatory bodies, and public interest groups to satisfy client goals with wetlands compliance.
- Advising clients regarding wetland banking projects and conservation easements.