Transactional matters are a "core practice" of Bryan Cave. We are ranked among the top 10 legal advisors for M&A work involving a U.S. target. Among the types of projects which we regularly handle for clients are:
- Mergers and other acquisitions and dispositions of businesses and related assets, on either a friendly or negotiated basis or in "hostile" transactions;
- Tender offers, proxy contests and similar transactions;
- Takeover and antitakeover planning;
- Joint ventures and other methods of combining business operations; and
- Spin-offs, split-offs and other methods of restructuring the ownership of business operations.
We have the depth of capacity and experience in each of our offices needed to represent clients in the wide range of projects that fall within this area, with the additional benefit of our ability to draw upon resources and experience from throughout the firm to meet our clients' needs. We are experienced in assembling the types of multi-disciplinary teams which can be required for successful completion of a transaction, and regularly call upon other Bryan Cave lawyers for assistance in areas such as financing, tax, human resources, intellectual property, environmental and other regulatory matters. As a consequence, they are attuned to the needs of a transactional project.
The clients we represent in this area include buyers, sellers, intermediaries and advisors, and include both public and private companies. We are annually ranked as one of the most active law firms in the United States based upon number of transactions completed.
We also regularly advise clients concerning corporate governance issues, including with respect to the rights and responsibilities of directors, shareholders and officers of both public and private corporations.