Bryan Cave's depth of knowledge and history in the franchise community enable us to bring thoughtful experience to our client’s franchise and distribution networks. It also allows us to provide franchise systems with: state-of-the-art techniques for updating franchise contracts and disclosure documents; counseling on the unique challenges faced by systems with numerous renewing or expiring franchisees; a “partner” to assist with franchise law compliance; advice and counsel on new policies and methods to implement system change; advice and strategies on expansion in alternate channels of distribution and/or in new formats; and resources to assess and handle potential merger and acquisition opportunities.
Representative Transactional Franchise Matters:
- Structure, draft and negotiate hundreds of master franchise, area development and unit franchise agreements.
- Act as special franchise counsel for buyers and sellers in connection with the acquisition and sale of franchise systems.
- Advise franchisors regarding sweepstakes offerings.
- Advise franchisors regarding e-commerce, privacy-related and operational issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Advise and structure national advertising funds and regional advertising cooperatives.
- Advise on the development, maintenance and termination of distributors in all 50 states.
- Counsel franchisors on all aspects of federal, state and international franchise registration and disclosure laws.
- Advise technology and Web-based service providers in negotiation of distribution agreements, disclosure issues and establishment of distribution systems.
- Advise franchisors on state and federal antitrust and pricing matters.
- Develop supply programs for franchisees and distributors.
- Consult with international franchisors about multi-jurisdictional antitrust issues.
- Retained as an expert witness on franchise issues throughout the country.