We make it our business to understand your business.
Bryan Cave protects clients against misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information and enforces trade secret rights in litigation. We assist businesses in establishing trade secret protection programs and provide confidentiality, noncompete, and nonsolicitation agreements. We prosecute and defend trade secret cases in federal and state courts and have extensive experience in temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction proceedings involving alleged misappropriation.
Representative litigation Experience
- We successfully represented an avionics company in a case involving allegations of trade secret misappropriation, breach of non-disclosure agreement, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duty, obtaining a very substantial compensatory damages award.
- The firm obtained summary judgment on trade secret claims, and unfair competition and trademark claims, in a case relating to the design, use and operation of movie theaters.
- Our attorneys successfully represented a scientific products company in a dispute involving allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty, obtaining an injunction against a former employee and his new company.
- At the end of a jury trial, the firm obtained a large verdict, including punitive damages, on behalf of a lighting company against a former employee and his new company. The case involved allegations of trade secret theft, unfair competition, intentional interference with business relations, and conversion.
- Our attorneys obtained permanent injunctive relief and substantial cash payment for trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and false advertising in connection with the hiring away of a telemarketing company and illicit use of proprietary customer lists.
- We represented a multi-national packager in an arbitration involving trade secret, unfair competition, and breach of contract allegations, prevailing on all claims following a seventeen-day hearing.
- Our firm successfully defended trade secret, fiduciary duty, and computer-related claims asserted against a former employee/software designer. The former employer’s motion for a TRO was denied, the request for preliminary injunction withdrawn, and the litigation voluntarily dismissed.
- Two of our attorneys successfully defended a national retailer and two of its employees against allegations of employee unfair competition brought by a massive retail foe.
- We defended a former employee/warehouse manager in a trade secret/non-compete dispute, defeating a TRO motion and preliminary injunction request.
- One of our attorneys obtained preliminary and permanent injunctive relief against two employees who formed a new company and sought to use our client’s method for coloring molded plastics.
- Our firm obtained judgment of trade secret misappropriation on behalf of a door hinge manufacturer, following a three-week bench trial, with an award of injunctive relief and damages. The trade secrets judgment was affirmed on appeal.
Representative Licensing Experience