For more information, please visit our blog at www.trustbryancave.com
to access the Estate Planning Questionnaire
Personal service and attention to individual, business, and family circumstances are hallmarks of Bryan Cave's private client practice. Members of the Group counsel and represent clients throughout the United States and Europe, ranging from individuals, families, and closely-held businesses to major trust and charitable institutions. Our lawyers have served the trusts and estates and related needs of a large number of distinguished families for many years, assisting and advising them in perpetuation of their personal wealth and investments for later generations. We serve a large number of senior executives and important shareholders of Fortune 500 and other corporate and financial clients, as well as many entrepreneurial and "new venture" investors and owners. Through our overseas offices and affiliations, we represent U.S. citizens who have interests overseas and foreign nationals who have investments or other business interests in the United States.
Private Client lawyers engage in sophisticated personal estate and tax planning, probate and trust administration, business succession planning and related legal services for family and individual clients, including:
- Estate planning;
- Will and trust preparation;
- Closely-held business practice;
- Estate, gift, generation-skipping and income tax advice;
- Life insurance advanced underwriting advice;
- Charitable foundations and trusts;
- Will, estate and trust litigation;
- Marital agreements;
- Business continuation planning;
- Generation-skipping and dynasty trust tax planning;
- Estate and trust administration;
- Irrevocable insurance trusts;
- Retirement benefit planning;
- Medicaid/Medicare trust planning; and
- International estate tax planning.
Frequent changes in federal tax and state probate and trust laws challenge lawyers to maintain skills that are current and forward-looking and require a depth and breadth of legal knowledge that a large practice group offers in the servicing of client needs. In addition, these lawyers draw on others in the firm with experience in tax, labor, international, securities, general corporate, litigation, and other practice areas and work closely with outside accounting, insurance, investment, banking, and trust professionals in meeting special client needs.