560 Mission Street, 25th Floor
United States of America
1 415 675 3400
1 415 675 3434
Kenneth Lee Marshall
Bryan Cave opened our San Francisco office in 2008, further expanding through our recent combination with Holme Roberts & Owen LLP (HRO). With two offices in Southern California, our firm now has nearly 150 attorneys based in California, with those in the San Francisco office serving the entire Bay Area and Northern California.
Our San Francisco office is comprised of approximately 40 lawyers who practice in a wide range of legal disciplines, including:
- Antitrust - Clients seek our counsel and litigation services on the entire range of antitrust, competition and trade regulation issues including compliance and litigation as well as advice regarding M&A and joint ventures.
- Class and Derivative Actions - Defense of class actions has been at the heart of Bryan Cave’s litigation practice for more than 25 years, including defending class claims in antitrust, class consumer fraud, breach of warranty, contract, environmental tort and other regulatory claims against manufacturers, retailers, financial institutions and insurance carriers.
- Commercial Litigation – More than half our San Francisco lawyers are litigators in a variety of specialties including financial services, hospitality, life sciences, manufacturing, real estate, retail, technology and transportation.
- Consumer Financial Services Litigation – We represent some of the largest financial institutions in the world in consumer class actions, mass actions, commercial disputes, secondary market disputes, and other consumer finance litigation.
- Data Privacy and Security - Our San Francisco lawyers work with companies in a variety of industries and focus on one thing -- helping our clients utilize customer data to increase opportunities and enhance user experience, all while decreasing corporate risks.
- Financial Services - Our San Francisco banking team, as part of the firm’s 100-lawyer banking and finance group, represents both lenders and borrowers in all types of financing transactions. Our experience includes regulatory and operational counsel to financial institutions as well as the structuring, negotiation, documentation and administration of a broad spectrum of syndicated and non-syndicated credit transactions.
- Intellectual Property - For businesses invested in intellectual property – including chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical, electrical/electronic, mechanical and computer technology fields – our lawyers can add significant value by creating and implementing intellectual property strategies, in addition to handling a wide range of litigation and related patent office proceedings, patent and trademark preparation and prosecution, and intellectual property licensing and transactions.
- Labor and Employment – Our lawyers cover most aspects of employment law and related litigation, including class action litigation, non-compete and trade secrets matters and employment dispute arbitration.
- Media and First Amendment - Whether traditional media, new media or those who did not realize they were "media" at all, our San Francisco lawyers have broad experience helping clients navigate through the many legal issues confronting those who gather and disseminate information. Our team defends publishers, broadcasters, authors, artists, entertainers, content creators, game developers, websites, advertising agencies, entertainers and more in defamation, invasion of privacy and other content-related litigation. In addition, we provide pre-publication review, libel clearance and advertising clearance to traditional and web-based publishers, broadcasters, advertising agencies, production companies and other content providers.
- Retail - We provide the legal advice and business acumen retailers need to keep up with the changing legal environment. Specifically, our experience in assisting retailers in intellectual property protection, commercial agreements, licenses, trade regulation, employment, compliance and litigation has led to significant cost savings for our clients and their shareholders.
Our San Francisco-based lawyers also practice in the following areas:
- Entertainment and Media
- Life Sciences and Health Care
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Tax Advice and Controversy
In addition, our San Francisco professionals are proud to invest time, money and other resources in organizations including the Bar Association of San Francisco, Berkeley Law Foundation, Compass Community Services, Creativity Explored, Crowded Fire Theater, Free Expression Policy Project, John Muir School, Lambda Legal, Larkin Street Youth Services, MatchBridge, Media Law Resource Center, The Point Foundation, San Francisco Food Bank and United Way of the Bay Area.