Our Labor and Employment Group lawyers have experience with all types of employment litigation matters in federal and state forums, including administrative agencies. Specifically:
- Defense of claims relating to age, race, sex, national origin and disability discrimination.
- Defense of claims under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Defense of claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage and hour law.
- Defense of claims under Section 301 of the Labor Management Relations Act for breach of contract and violation of the duty of fair representation.
- Breach of contract actions, including breach of a resignation offer and release agreement.
- Drafting of separation and release agreements, including covenants not to compete.
- Defense of various state tort claims such as defamation, tortious interference with business expectancy and wrongful discharge.
- Actions to set aside arbitration awards, including both defending and asserting such claims.
- Resolution of claims through alternative dispute resolution (ADR), both mini-trials and mediation