Bryan Cave often handles cross-border transactions that involve labor and employment, employee benefits and immigration issues. We can offer our clients the substantial benefits of being a global, multi-office firm.
Our employment lawyers and consultants in Asia provide clients with a significant advantage beyond simply knowing the law – our presence in multiple locations in Asia enables us to provide a practical understanding of how the law is applied – taking into account local business culture, the complex regulatory environment, and legislative trends. In addition to advising on employment matters in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Shanghai, we also have experience working with local advisors to provide regional coverage in Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and the Philippines. Bryan Cave is unique in that it provides 24-7 team coverage through its Asia labor and employment coordinator in the U.S., Nicole Simonian
Bryan Cave’s employment lawyers and consultants in Asia have extensive experience in all areas related to labor and employment law, including:
- Employment agreements and employment secondment agreements;
- Confidentiality agreements and service period agreements;
- Compliance with the local labor laws and regulations;
- Tax Compliance;
- Tax Advice;
- Employee handbook and policies;
- Employee benefits and social security;
- Rights of female employees;
- Stock option plans;
- Trade unions;
- Work-related injury and occupational disease;
- Government filings;
- Work visa and work permit for foreign employees; and
- Conciliation regarding labor disputes.
Additionally, Bryan Cave’s employment lawyers and consultants in China offer clients advice regarding labor disputes through our alliance with Alpha & Leader, a Chinese law firm with more than 100 lawyers and professionals throughout China.