The International Arbitration Team is designed to provide advice and representation in connection with arbitrations and related dispute resolution procedures conducted outside the United States, or in the United States under rules specific to disputes involving parties from different countries. Team members have experience serving as arbitrators or advocates, as well as in counseling parties in transactions with respect to contractual agreements that commit them to non-judicial dispute resolution systems.
We have handled disputes covering a broad range of industries, including aerospace, energy, natural resources, transportation, public and private construction, hospitality, pharmaceutical/biotechnology, franchising, medical and electronic devices and software.
- Representation of US client in a London ICC arbitration arising out of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing joint venture and involving contract issues under both English and Jordanian law.
- Representation of a US pharmaceutical company in a Geneva ICC arbitration over clinical trials for experimental anticancer therapy.
- Representing a listed UK company in a dispute regarding the determination of compensation for shares of minority shareholders.
- Representing a participant in construction industry in arbitration of a shareholders dispute under a German arbitration procedure.
- Representation of a Russian aluminum company in multi-jurisdictional disputes in various arbitrations concerning operation of aluminum smelters and related agreements
- Representation of Malaysian entity in connection with dispute over defense procurement contracts
- Representing a US automotive parts and component manufacturer in mediation and subsequent arbitration in Italy concerning plant site clean up
- Representation of an Italian steelmaker in Geneva ICC arbitration concerning the sale of a fully-operating plant
- Representation of a Swiss food product manufacturer in Milan concerning claims of unsuccessful distribution of a different supplier’s products
- Representation of Israeli owners of The Jerusalem Post daily newspaper in ICDR arbitration over alleged breaches of letter of intent for joint ownership and operation.
- Representation of the State of Kuwait in the final determinations by the United Nations Compensation Commission of all of Kuwait's claims for compensation for governmental losses and for remediation of environmental damages resulting from Iraq's invasion and occupation of Kuwait in 1990-91, together with representation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in hearings on some of its claims for remediation of environmental damages.