Construction Practice Team
Hospitality & Entertainment
- Represented Midwest developer in 20-month arbitration proceeding regarding more than 1100 discrete design and construction defect claims valued at more than $42 million on failed boutique hotel and mixed-use project in Missouri.
- Represented hotel owner in dispute with design team with claims valued at over $20 million for failure to design in accordance with industry standards for appropriate branding and flagging of hotel on Florida project.
- Assisted owner/developer with termination of general contractor, project takeover and workout in failed hotel/mixed-use development project in Texas.
- Assisted Midwest owner/developer with termination of general contractor, project takeover and workout in failed hotel, office and retail development in Missouri.
- Represented international hotel chain in dispute with owner/developer valued at more than $10 million for breach of operating and management agreements for resort property in Florida.
- Represented international hotel chain in dispute with general contractor regarding cost overruns, delay and impact claims valued at over $60 million associated with resort properties in Florida and Georgia.
- Represented hotel owner/management company in dispute against design team over failure of design and construction to meet brand standards and flag criteria on Missouri project.
- Represented luxury hotel company in $110 million lawsuit against contractor on Florida project for failure to comply with design criteria, schedule delay and impact, and breach of contract in New York state court.
- Represented national fireproofing subcontractor regarding design and application failures in construction of various commercial developments in multiple federal jurisdictions including Missouri, Kansas, and Florida.
- Represented Midwest soundproofing company in dispute with theatre regarding failure to achieve design and performance guidelines and thresholds in Kansas state court.
- Represented international hotel chain in connection with development and construction of major hotel/convention projects in Hawaii, Arizona, and Florida.
- Represented real estate equity fund in connection with the construction of a 400-room hotel that will be attached to a casino in Oklahoma.
- Represented corporate developer in connection with claims against architect and contractor valued at more than $70 million associated with conversion of historical office buildings to hotel, condominium, and apartment facilities in Texas.
- Represented Missouri hotelier in dispute with Kansas contractor over failure to construct in accordance with plans and specifications in Missouri state court.
- Served as sole outside counsel for motion picture theater chain in connection with all aspects of construction-related procurement, administration and disputes concerning projects throughout United States.
- Served as sole outside construction counsel for resort hotel and indoor water park operator, including preparation of form and transaction-specific agreements, providing advice about options for procuring construction-related services, and leading negotiations of all types of construction-related agreements in connection with design and construction of facilities throughout the country.
- Represented prominent California entertainment company regarding breach of contract claims by co-tenants in Texas motion picture and entertainment development regarding community area maintenance, association dues, and premises improvements in Texas state court.
- Represented Missouri developer in connection with all aspects of design and construction of a boutique hotel, 12-story office building, multi-level parking structure, and various retail and restaurant spaces on Kansas City’s County Club Plaza.
- Construction Practice Team