Commercial Leasing and Corporate Facilities Team
The firm has a longstanding, well established reputation in advising landlords and tenants on the complex legal, technological and business issues that confront sophisticated property owners and space users.
Bryan Cave’s Commercial Leasing and Corporate Facilities Team has a track record of handling some of the largest and most complicated office, retail and industrial lease transactions throughout the world. In our role as international, national or regional counsel to many major companies, we also work closely with in-house corporate facilities departments and outside consultants to address and achieve their strategic and day-to-day needs in all aspects of real estate law.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest investment banking and financial services companies regarding its occupancy needs in hundreds of lease transactions nationwide, including the restructuring of several large leases for regional offices.
- Representation of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority regarding the initial lease-up of the retail space at the renovated Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan and its ongoing leasing program.
- Representation of Guggenheim Partners, LLC in the approximately 200,000 square foot lease for its New York headquarters at 330 Madison Avenue.
- Representation of a Fortune 150 product technology and engineering services company regarding its full range of required corporate real estate services nationwide, including acquisitions and dispositions and commercial and industrial leasing.
- Representation of a large Italian pasta products manufacturer and restaurant owner and operator in all aspects of its entry into the United States market, including restaurant construction and leasing (including its flagship restaurant at Chelsea Market in Manhattan).
- Representation, as outside general counsel, of the owner of multiple Class A office buildings in Manhattan in all of its lease transactions and related matters.
- Representation of retailers, including the largest bookseller in the United States, a leading sporting apparel manufacturer and a national chain that sells bedroom, bathroom and kitchen furnishings and products, in all aspects of store construction, development and leasing for hundreds of locations nationwide.
- Representation of U.S. Steel Corporation in the development and sale of a $300 million coke manufacturing facility in Granite City, Illinois, involving systems integrated with the adjacent steel plant, shared infrastructure and coke supply and power co-generation arrangements, as well as tax increment financing.
- Representation of the owner of a portfolio of 11 office and retail buildings located in Manhattan, Boston and Washington DC in hundreds of lease transactions.
- Representation of Monsanto Company in the acquisition and development of research facilities and office complexes worldwide, as well as construction counseling, build-to-suit leasing and a wide array of ancillary real estate services.
- Representation of InterPark Incorporated, an affiliate of GE Capital Corporation, in the acquisition, leasing and development of parking lots and garages nationwide, as well as street level leasing within structured parking facilities.
- Representation of the St. Louis Blues Hockey Club in a long-term practice facility lease for the Club in a new 1 million square foot shopping center consisting of a state-of-the-art professional hockey rink and training complex around which the entire shopping center was themed and branded, and in a sublease for the redevelopment of the Kiel Opera House, which fronts the north side of the Scottrade Center (the home of the Blues).
- Representation of a global agribusiness company in structuring, negotiating and managing arrangements for the development and long term leasing of a major agricultural products receiving, storage, processing, distribution, railroad and port terminal facility in the Pacific Northwest.
- Representation of a global executive office space operator in lease transactions regarding its 450 executive office suite centers located in Class A buildings and lifestyle centers nationwide.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 publishing company in a national brokerage agreement and a national facilities management agreement providing for outsourcing of space acquisitions and dispositions and property management. Other work for this client included contracting for the design and construction of a $140 million “mission critical” data center serving its corporate operations throughout the world.
- Representation of Farmland Industries in the $450 million sale of real estate assets out of bankruptcy, involving management of the legal team for the auction and disposition of more than 23 properties in multiple states.
- Representation, as outside general counsel, of a publicly traded REIT in all of its lease transactions and related matters regarding its entire net lease portfolio.
- Representation of Anheuser Busch Companies in various acquisitions and dispositions of manufacturing plants, hops farms, recycling facilities, a former theme park and a baseball training complex.
- Representation of a major cable/telecommunications company regarding the real estate portfolio owned and leased by it and its affiliated companies, including a first-run movie theater chain with over 50 locations in the Northeast.
- Representation of the St. Louis Port Authority in the long-term ground lease of county property to a leading casino operator for the development and operation of a mixed-use gaming, retail, hotel and recreational facility constituting the largest privately financed development project in the history of St. Louis County.
- Representation of Watson Pharmaceuticals in the acquisition and development of a 250,000 square foot build-to-suit, state-of-the-art warehouse and distribution facility outside of Chicago, Illinois, including negotiating the turn-key purchase agreement and all related construction documentation and claims.
- Representation of an international manufacturing company in the $141 million development of its plant and headquarters in Georgia involving special tax benefits and other economic and entitlement incentives provided by state and local governments.
- Representation of Hanesbrands, Inc. regarding a range of required corporate real estate services, including the 1.2 million square foot lease of warehouse space in Perris, California.
- Representation of Sara Lee Bakery Group in numerous acquisitions and dispositions, commercial and industrial leasing and other corporate real estate services nationwide, including the 75,000 square foot lease of a condominiumized warehouse and distribution facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
If you would like more information about Bryan Cave’s Commercial Leasing and Corporate Facilities Team, please call any of our team leaders, Jim Buell
(314-259-2373) or George Murray