Bryan Cave LLP focuses technology investments on fundamentally improving client service, which includes preventing legal problems from developing in the first place. We often meet and exceed our clients’ business, financial and legal goals through creative combinations of legal knowledge and technology prowess.
Structured for Success
Bryan Cave has created a group of professionals whose sole purpose is to develop new ways to serve clients. Our award-winning Client Technology group brings together lawyers, web developers, business and evidence analysts, trial presentation specialists and others to focus exclusively on improving client service and achieving extraordinary results. This group now supports more than 700 client-accessible applications, applications that in many cases have changed the face of legal practice.
Client Technology Innovation
Examples of innovation from Bryan Cave’s Client Technology group include:
Legal Workflow Applications
- Decision-Support Tools: Bryan Cave’s decision support applications distill large bodies of firm expertise into actionable information that our clients access online and use to make decisions.
- Training and Loss-Prevention Tools: Bryan Cave’s litigation and dispute resolution practice is one of the largest in the world, but the firm is also one of the most active developers of training and loss-prevention programs among law firms. Examples include:
- NoZone® is a widely acclaimed, interactive, web-based application that teaches supervisors and employees how to recognize and prevent harassment of all types.
- Insider Zone® helps protect officers, directors, employees and entire companies from the possibly criminal consequences of insider trading.
- FCPA Zone® helps clients avoid violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Electronic Discovery and Online Case Management
- M & A Due Diligence: Client Technology builds and supplies transaction teams with software that automates the collection and review of merger and acquisition due diligence documents.
- Claims Investigation and Assessment: Client Technology has built claims management systems to help clients manage defective building structural claims, aviation accident claims, aviation parts products liability claims, and accident and other catastrophic loss insurance coverage.
- Custom Communication Extranets: Client Technology now deploys hundreds of extranets to help eliminate the huge volume of email traffic often associated with large transactions and litigations. Bryan Cave uses its own, custom-developed software, off-the-shelf software and Application Service Providers to provide litigation and deal rooms.
Bryan Cave pioneered modern web-based litigation case management. We are now among the most active users of web-based case management tools in the world; we house many terabytes of discovery and evidence materials accessed by hundreds of lawyers, clients, experts and consultants.
Client Data Analysis
Client Technology has extensive expertise in loading, parsing and analyzing complex data arrays provided by our clients in the course of litigation or claims analysis. Often, these in-house capabilities eliminate the need to send data out to expensive experts, and where experts are necessary to provide testimony, our analysis work can often be used to give those experts a head start.
Bryan Cave lawyers come to court and other venues (e.g., arbitrations, hearings, settlement talks) prepared to use the most modern persuasive techniques available. Client Technology’s litigation graphic artist creates custom visual presentations, and several seasoned veterans of trial presentation prepare legal teams to present evidence in any form—document, electronic data, video, audio, demonstrative or real—with the greatest impact. Bryan Cave is also one of the leading firms in the use of hyperlinked, interactive, multimedia briefs and other written advocacy.
Client Technology has developed the most powerful analytics engine in the legal sector, and other firms are now licensing it through Redwood Analytics. Bryan Cave lawyers can plan and price new engagements more flexibly and creatively because of the access to detailed historical analyses, as well as powerful staffing and engagement tools. We can identify personnel with precisely the right skills for a particular engagement, adjust staffing mixes and explore various pricing approaches, all in minutes. This means that Bryan Cave has unprecedented flexibility to respond to client needs, consider fixed price or contingent fee arrangements, and pursue creative approaches and solutions.